Callback is mostly for customers living outside Switzerland, or those Swiss residents
wishing to make cost-effective international calls on their
mobile phone via Callback.
Callback service offers low international phone rates by
initiating all calls in the US. Trigger a callback using your
phone, and within seconds, GlobalPhone calls you back from
the US. When you answer, we prompt you to dial your destination
- Requires only a touch tone phone
- Works in all countries
- Service includes GlobalPhone's international calling
- Conference-calling capability for up to 16 people
rates 24 hours a day with six-second billing
- No connection charges
- No cost to signup
- No monthly service fees (US $12 a month if service not used)
- Convenient credit card billing at the end of the month
- Detailed statements provided via mail email and on the
How Does Callback Work?
Callback is easy to use. You only need a touch tone phone.
The procedure is simple:
- To initiate a callback, the caller must trigger his or
her phone number. There are several methods
- Callers may dial a pre-assigned phone number and
hangs up after the first ring. The call is never completed
so the caller is not charged for that portion of the
call by the local phone company
- Calls may be triggered from cellular telephones using
SMS messages (Simple Messaging Service) or using email
- Within seconds after triggering your call, the system
calls you back. Upon answering, the caller is instructed
to dial the destination number. GlobalPhone will only bill
for call if the call connects.
- After finishing the call, the caller simply hangs up
or presses # on the phone keypad to place another call
The entire process adds about ten seconds to normal dialing.
Callback also works with cellular phones and fax machines.
There is no need to change your existing long distance provider.
Callback is fast, easy, and dramatically lowers expenditures.
Additional Callback Features
Customers can easily change their Callback number so that
it can ring at a new number. For instance, if a customer
moves to a different office, residence or country, the customer
can remotely program the system to have the Callback number
ring at the new number. When customers are issued a Callback
trigger number, they select a four digit PIN code which
authorizes the caller to utilize the Follow-Me function.
- PBX Operators and Extensions
GlobalPhone's callback service provides the option to record
a message to a switchboard operator or dial an extension
during the callback process. In other words, if you are
in a hotel room or in an office without direct inward dial,
our system will tell the operator how to transfer the call
or dial an extension.
- Calling Card Access
All of our Callback customers may also access calling card
services. For example, a callback customer, visiting the
USA can access the GlobalPhone network via a toll free 800
number. Charges will be billed to your credit card along
with calls made using the Callback system.