IPCall Mobile (SIP - Session Initiation Protocol)
PhoneWorld VoIP subscribers can also call securely from any Swiss Mobile via the internet. IPCall Mobile has the LOWEST cost for making a mobile phone call from/to anywhere in the world. Irrespective of worldwide location, Swiss landline calling rates apply when in a WiFi (WLAN) environment.
PhoneWorld will guide you on how to install an IPCall Mobile APP on to your Swiss smartphone (see below). The App can be installed on any mobile (i.e. Swisscom, Sunrise, Salt, etc.).
How to get on to the PhoneWorld IPCall Mobile program
- Complete the Power of Attorney/VoIP application form
VoIP Application: English - French.
- For IPCall Mobile application only: Complete billing address, Select “yes” on VoIP configuration for cellular phones, sign, scan and then send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Upon receipt, PhoneWorld will assign a Swiss landline number which will be linked to your mobile. If PhoneWorld is also migrating your home and/or office lines into the VoIP system, we can link those numbers to the mobile phone.
- The IPcall application allows you to receive and make calls anywhere in the world. This also means that any calls made to the assigned landline will ring through to your mobile, anywhere in the world (eliminating all international roaming charges).
Any calls made from the APP are made under Swiss landline calling rates. Why? The internet has “no borders”.
Screenshot of the IPCell Mobile Dialing Template
HOW TO INSTALL THE PhoneWorld IPCALL APP ON YOUR MOBILE
(For all smartphones and networks)
Carefully follow these instructions to install the PhoneWorld IPCall app on your smartphone:
- Email application form to email@example.com
- PhoneWorld will send you a QR code (quick response code) by e-mail. Keep the QR code open on your desktop computer screen
- Search for Nexphone IPCall app in Google on your smartphone, choose either iPhone or Android
- Download and install the IPCall app on your smartphone
- Open the IPCall app. Point the camera of your mobile phone toward your desktop computer screen displaying the QR code
- The IPCall app will recognize your QR code and complete the installation and configuration (auto log-in).
- You are ready to make your first call
- A QR code can only be used once. Ask for a new code if needed
- Since data rates are substantially below normal voice rates, you may want to consider making all domestic/international mobile calls using the IPCall app
- Files or images cannot be sent with the IPCall app
Consider the PhoneWorld IPCall service an extension of a Swiss landline. Make and receive calls from anywhere in the world and benefit from low Swiss landline prices. IP calling is cost effective. It eliminates all roaming charges. You can even record your conversations.
- You can make and receive calls with the IPCall app from/to anywhere in the world
- The lowest cost use of the IPCall app is when connected to a Wi-Fi network (WLAN)
- Regardless of your worldwide location all calls are made as if they were local calls from Switzerland
- If you are not connected to Wi-Fi it still pays to make calls via the IPCall app since data is cheaper than voice, and there are no roaming charges
- If you receive a call to your IPCall phone number when you are away from home, you will still receive the call. The system will re-route the call automatically via normal 4G networks and you will pay only for data usage.
- Avoid additional ring tones when in home or office by turning off push notifications in settings
Security: The IP call mobile system is based on a Swiss landline connection. It is exactly the same as if you were using your home/office fixnet. Thus itis NOT an unsecured connection like experienced with social media or most other IP dialing systems.
Download this section as a PDF document
Why using IPCall mobile cannot be compared to social media calls via Skype, Whatsapp, Viber etc.
- Apart from generally superior voice quality, an IP Mobile caller can phone FROM his mobile anywhere in the world, and can be reached ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD under the same number (ie a CH landline number) – in case of no Wi-Fi the 3G/4G networks kick in automatically.
The IPCall mobile template can actually be used for all mobile calls, irrespective of the provider. This provides great flexibility and cost advantages whilst saving whenever you are in a Wi-Fi area. When no Wi-Fi available, calls are channeled via 3G/4G. Data calls are lower cost than normal voice calls – even for calls within Switzerland.
- Calls via social media apps can simply not be compared to standard telephony as provided by PhoneWorld IP call mobile.
- Calls via social media apps may have a security issue.
Owners (like Microsoft, Google, Facebook) can hack your data and nobody really knows what they do with it.
How to reduce cell phone radiation exposure
While IPCalls via Wi-Fi produce hardly any radiation, the IP call app can also be used as a regular mobile through 3G/4G when not in a Wi-Fi environment. Consequently, in those cases similar radiation impact exists. Read 15 Ways to Minimize Cell Phone Radiation Exposure
and Harmful effects of mobile phones on children